Saturday, December 5, 2009

Checkerboard Dawn



I know most Dawn collectors were not big fans of the revised, short lived Dawn by Checkerboard toys; but why? I mean, let's face it...she is certainly not vintage Topper Dawn; but I loved her for who she was. When they first issued the re-issue Dawn, Glori, Angie & Dale; I had to snatch all of them up. I wasn't overly thrilled with them to say the least. Dawn was okay. I did like the Dale a lot aside from her poodle perm hairdo. Glori was neat because I knew it was the closest I would ever come to owning a top knot ponytail Glori. Angie I feel was the least appealing. In fact, she is the only one of the four I only got one of. I bought doubles of the other three to de-box for display.

Shortly after that, the new play line Dawns came out. The Fab Fashion Fun was the set. It consisted of a Dawn, Macy (like Angie) Shannon (sort of like Glori, but not exactly..but a redhead to say the least) and Denise (who was a ringer for Dale with long black shiney locks) Now again..they aren't Topper Dawn; but I found them to be quite pretty. I went on to buy every single Checkerboard doll that came out including holiday & brides & limited versions of each with different hair colors. Then just like that, they stopped making Dawn again. It was like a bad repeat of 1973 all over again. But it was nice while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment